« Back to Finance
Office Administrator (Finance)
Type: Full Time
Give us a call or send us a message to get started.Contact Us
Okanagan Staffing has a valued client in need of an immediate full-time Office Administrator in Kelowna, BC.
Our client is an economic development agency created to support Métis entrepreneurs and businesses in British Columbia. As an Aboriginal financial institution, our client provides developmental financing to Métis entrepreneurs.
THE POSITION – We are seeking an enthusiastic and qualified team player as the Office Administrator. Reporting to the CEO, the following are some of the responsibilities of this position:
- Perform reception and administrative duties, acting as the first point of contact
- Prepare and redirect communications, as required
- Review all loan files for completeness
- Enter client and loan data into loan system software
- Register, track and update securities and insurance
- Organize Board meetings, including logistics, Board member travel, and accommodations
- Drafting meeting minutes
- Process employee and Board member expenses and other forms
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer with day-to-day activities
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE –
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience working in a financial institution would be an asset
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to establish and maintain a credible presence with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative services
- Experience with scheduling, maintaining electronic calendars and arranging meetings
- Experience with administrative processes, including filing and bring forward systems
- Numerical/financial skills to process purchase orders, invoices, and expense claims
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- Dependability, strong work ethics
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to take direction
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Compensation includes a benefits package. In meeting the objectives and vision of the organization, preference may be given to individuals of Métis ancestry.
TO APPLY - Please forward a detailed resume or CV in confidence, along with a cover letter, by email to: email@example.com with ‘Office Administrator’ in the subject line.