Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Give us a call or send us a message to get started.Contact Us
Okanagan Staffing is recruiting a full-time Staff Accountant for a valued Kelowna client.
This position will report to the Partners and duties will entail but not be limited to:
- Review of bookkeeping including GST/PST/WCB returns and Source Deduction remittances
- Preparation and review of T4 filings
- Corporation income tax return preparation and review
- Personal income tax return preparation and review
- Tax planning for corporate and personal income tax
- Training and oversight of junior staff
- Other accounting and client service work as necessary
- Communication with clients and Canada Revenue Agency
Public accounting experience is mandatory. Reimbursement will be given for post-secondary schooling for courses leading up to a CPA (paid once they have passed the course(s)).
This is mainly an in-house position, but after training, there is flexibility for staff to work 1-2 days from home, or as needed. Staff work eight-hour days from January through to June, and then move to seven-hour days from July to December. Overtime is not mandatory during tax season but is appreciated.
Small office with family environment that provides office perks such as staff lunches, tax parties, and Christmas gatherings. Great benefits provided and minimum three weeks of vacation.
If interested, please send your resume and salary range expectations to Okanagan Staffing’s HR Manager at: email@example.com.