« Back to Trades
Location: Trail, BC
Type: Full Time
Pay: To be disclosed to short-listed candidates only
Give us a call or send us a message to get started.Contact Us
Be Home Every Night!!!
Okanagan Staffing is seeking a full-time Day Driver for one of their valued clients - Benson Oil (www.bensonoil.ca) who has been supplying the Southern Interior with full-service fuel distribution, lubricants, tanks, pumps, and equipment since 1946 from their Trail, BC terminal, as well as retail operations in Grand Forks and bulk sites in Salmo and Nelson. The Day Driver will report to the Dispatcher and ensure the safe, efficient, and timely delivery of bulk fuel and lubricant products to their customers.
- Load and unload fuel and lubricants products for customer fleets, heavy equipment machinery, generators, etc. and complete bulk tank drops
- Maintain and submit accurate delivery logs and reports
- Provide exceptional customer service in order to retain existing customers and promote new business
- Report any special customer needs, special conditions or issues back to the Dispatcher and/or Operations Manager (e.g.: inefficient routes, facility and parking challenges, fittings and hose requirement issues, accessibility issues, time-sensitive requirements, etc.)
- Comply with all safety and Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years’ driving experience, with fuel distribution experience being an asset
- High school diploma/GED required
- Possess Class 1 Driver license in good standing for both manual and automatic vehicles
- Must provide current MVR demonstrating no serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years, or DWI/DUI in last 10 years
- Demonstrated experience providing superior customer service
- Demonstrated excellent communication, situational response, and problem-solving skills with dispatch, colleagues and customers
- Comfortable with basic computer technology to monitor the flow of fuel disposal
- Must have a safety and compliance mind set
- Capable of doing physical labour, handling heavy hoses
- Must be willing to submit to background/drug and alcohol checks, and road tests
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and after hours support as required
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Benson Oil offers a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, pension matching and more.
Apply in confidence to Okanagan Staffing Services Inc.- Attention: HR Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org.