« Back to
Day Driver - Truck Driver
Type: Full Time
Give us a call or send us a message to get started.Contact Us
Our client, Barry Beecroft Fuels Distributors, is an independent diesel, gas and lubricant distribution company based in Penticton, BC that provides fuels required by residential, commercial and industrial customers from locations throughout the South Okanagan Valley. BBFD is currently looking for a full-time Driver to fill a position from our Penticton, B.C. terminal.
Reporting to the Dispatcher, the Driver will ensure the safe, efficient, and timely delivery of bulk fuel and lubricant products to BBFD customers.
- Load and unload fuel and lubricants products for customer fleets, heavy equipment machinery, generators, etc. and complete bulk tank drops
- Maintain and submit accurate delivery logs and reports
- Provide exceptional customer service in order to retain existing customers and promote new business
- Report any special customer needs, special conditions or issues back to the Dispatcher and/or Sales Manager (i.e. inefficient routes, facility and parking challenges, fittings and hose requirement issues, accessibility issues, time-sensitive requirements, etc.)
- Comply with all Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum 2 years’ driving experience
- High school diploma/GED required
- Possess Class 3 Fuel Driver license in good standing
- Must provide current MVR demonstrating no serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years, or DWI/DUI in last 10 years
- Demonstrated experience providing superior customer service
- Demonstrated excellent communication and problem-solving skills with dispatch, colleagues and customers
- Comfortable with basic computer technology to monitor the flow of fuel disposal
- Must have a safety and compliance mind set
- Capable of doing physical labour, handling heavy hoses
- Must be willing to submit to background/drug and alcohol checks, and road tests
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and after hours support as required
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
BBFD offers a competitive salary, health and dental benefits.
If you are interested, apply in confidence to Stacey Lalonde at: email@example.com. We will be forwarding all resumes to our client who will contact you if they are interested in interviewing you.