« Back to Manufacturing
Fuel Procurement Specialist
Type: Full Time
Pay: To be disclosed to short-listed candidates only
Give us a call or send us a message to get started.Contact Us
Our client, Barry Beecroft Fuels Distributors, is an independent diesel, gas and lubricant distribution company based in Penticton, BC that provides fuels required by residential, commercial and industrial customers from locations throughout the South Okanagan Valley. BBFD is currently looking for a full-time Fuel Procurement Specialist (FPS) to fill a position in our Penticton, B.C. terminal.
The FPS is responsible for selecting and purchasing fuel products for BBFD’s business, processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining inventory, quality assurance, and liaising with management and suppliers.
- Manage and purchase fuel products that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the company
- Organize and schedule fuel procurements to ensure fuel inventory is maintained at appropriate levels
- Prepare load order sheets and submit to carriers
- Arrange transport of fuel, and track and receive orders to ensure on-time delivery
- Assess order discrepancies and monitor order expenses
- Determine the lowest cost for fuel products
- Prepare budgets and forecast purchasing trends
- Manage supply base and build positive long-term relationships with suppliers
- Analyze industry market trends and delivery systems and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions and determine appropriate pricing
- Compile reports on product performance, costs and statistics and communicate same to management
- Develop and implement changes and improvements to supply chain procedures to increase productivity
- Communicate with vendors, customers, team members, and managers to align goals
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School diploma
- 3-5 years’ experience in procurement or purchasing
- Enrolment in or completion of Supply Chain Management Designated Program
- Previous fuel experience is an asset
- Must understand price points and have strong problem-solving skills
- Must possess strong mathematical, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Excellent working knowledge of standard inventory management
- Customer service focused
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and oral to effectively and tactfully communicate with vendors, customers and co-workers.
- Previous experience with managing inventory and building relationships with suppliers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support team effort and needs of organization
- Proficient basic computer skills and data entry experience in Microsoft Suite
- Experience with merchandising software systems is a plus.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Valid Driver’s license and ability to drive a company truck
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and after hours support as required
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
BBFD offers a competitive salary, health and dental benefits.
Apply in confidence to Stacey Lalonde at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicant resumes will be forwarded to our client who will contact those they’re interested in interviewing.