« Back to Project Management
Site Superintendent - ON HOLD FOR NOW
Category: Project Management
Type: Full Time
Give us a call or send us a message to get started.Contact Us
Reporting to the General Manager, the Site Superintendent provides overall on-site leadership and management on a construction project site. This position is considered the Company’s representative and main point-of-contact on the construction site and handles the flow of communication between on-site representatives, on-site inspectors, and subcontractors. This position plans, coordinates, and supervises onsite functions including: scheduling, material control, and day-to-day direction of field personnel.
The ideal candidate must be experienced in construction of civil infrastructure, underground utilities and excavation. The position requires an individual who is highly organized and possesses well-developed communication and supervisory skills.
- Manage all on site activities; ensuring project construction is executed in a safe, timely and efficient manner while maintaining quality assurance and integrity of design.
- Competent at reviewing all working drawings (eg: civil, landscape) and is able to identify conflicts and issues in advance of commencing.
- Supervision of all sub-trades, suppliers, and workers.
- Ensure all back filling around pipe and structures is completed per project plans and specs.
- Conducting site safety orientations and weekly safety meetings with sub-trades.
- Reviewing on site work to confirm that project is being built as per drawings, specifications, and code, as well as ensuring that all finishes are to the Company’s and industry standards.
- Implement and enforce the requirements of WCB and the Company’s Health and Safety program.
- Practice sound selection and hiring procedures.
- Responsible for field documentation such as daily logs, conducting daily safety inspections and other required reports.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
- Review and authorize daily work reports.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Read and interpret plans/specs/regulations
- Operate equipment
- Willingness to react to changes in priorities
- Managing / Measuring Work
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 10 years’ piping experience (water/sewer/storm) is mandatory.
- 5+ years of experience and knowledge of all aspects of underground utility construction.
- 5 years’ experience as Pipe Foreman/Lead Excavator Operator with Storm Drain Crew.
- 10-15 years’ construction experience with at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines including: earthworks, grading, bridge/structure construction, highway/roadway construction, concrete works, water/sewer main, etc.
- Preferred Education/Training/Certification: Trenching and Shoring Competent Person; Rigging; First Aid/CPR; Forklift
- Must be able to interpret production schedules and comply with all utility regulations including Erosion Control Laws and Regulations.
- Gold Seal Certification would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Project and Excel).
- Experience in budgeting, scheduling and implementation of projects.
- Strong verbal and communication skills and the ability to solve issues in a team environment in a calm and effective manner.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean abstract.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be provided, based on experience. Also, a vehicle, gas card, phone, and computer are provided.
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you at www.okanaganstaffing.com.