« Back to Manufacturing
Materials Planner - Entry Level
Type: Full Time
Give us a call or send us a message to get started.Contact Us
Our client has been providing customer-driven solutions to the aviation industry for nearly 10 years through their design, development and manufacture of avionics products. They are an approved OEM supplier of aircraft components to such OEMs as Bell, Boeing, and Airbus Helicopters. They also provide electronics manufacturing to Cobham Aerospace Connectivity, SkyTrac and many others. They are a committed team, taking pride in their origin while continuing to grow their combined skills, experience, and capabilities within the aviation and avionics industries. They are now seeking an entry-level Materials Planner to add to their highly respected team.
This position involves the planning of inventory and non-inventory items, monitoring and tracking material flow to identify bottlenecks, scheduling the usage of material for optimal production, identifying and forecasting problems and potential solutions to inventory, and assisting in expediting all open purchase orders and material requirement planning on a project basis. On-site development and training will be available.
- Reviewing forecasting of MRP on a weekly basis ensuring coverage of planned material
- Engage with Production Supervisors, ensuring accurate lead times and smooth flow of planned production
- Working directly with Materials Supervisor and Buyer to accomplish order fulfillment and to expedite material shortages where required
- Ensuring safety stock levels are appropriate for demand
- Promoting customer satisfaction and developing positive customer/sales relationships and scorecards
- Contributing innovative ideas to improve our material planning operations
- Performing all duties per the applicable quality program procedures
Competencies and Qualifications for this position include:
- Corporate Competencies – Respect, Teamwork, Leadership, Integrity, Commitment, Continuous Improvement
- Communication – communicate well (written & verbal), listen effectively
- Computer Skills – able to use tablet or PC to enter and retrieve information, learn new software quickly
- Decision Making - able to reach decisions, take thoughtful approach when considering options, seek input from others, make difficult decisions
- Initiative – take action, seek opportunities, strive to see projects through to completion
- Organization Skills - information organized and accessible, maintains efficient work space, manages time well
- Problem Solving - strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations
- Quality - strive to eliminate errors, prioritize accurate work, attention to detail
- Sense of Urgency – meet deadlines, establish appropriate priority, get the job done in a timely manner
To apply for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Materials Planner” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.